Monday, July 6, 2009




This week Friend Makin Monday is hosted by Kelli at Outside My Kitchen Window while Kasey from All That Is Good is out enjoying herself on vacation! :)


This weeks question is:


Tell us about your BFF...where did you meet, was it BFF at first sight, how long have you been friends, etc.



What makes him/her your BFF...what is it about this person that makes him/her so special to you?




I met my BFF in the 3rd grade and we have been friends now for more then 23 years. Her name is Niina. (with two i's)


I truely believe that God brought us together and meant for us to be Best Friends, and she has been by my side through all the ups and downs of life, happy and sad times.


I think we had every sickness together growing up, and when I needed some sense knocked into me about a certain boy I was dating, she was there to tell me to snap out of it.


When I had my heart broken and just needed to get out of town for a few months, she quit her job and moved to Montana with me for the summer.


We lived together for four years after college and multiple break-ups and I used to call her my 'wife' (in a non-lesbian sort of way) She would cook for me and take care of me, and I love her like my own sister.


My favorite times with her are when we take the whole day and just spend it together; going out to breakfast, having pedicures, shopping, going to a movie and then out to a nice dinner, wine, and desert.


No matter if I fail or succeed, Niina is always there for me and I couldn't have asked for a better or more loyal best friend. I love you Niina! xoxo :)


9 comments:

Kelli said...

Awe, Niina...she moved to be with you. That is so sweet. She's a keeper.

Connie said...

What a sweet friend! I need a Niina.....

Niina said...

and all the same back to you. Thank you for being my best friend through everything. I love you!!

betty said...

enjoyed reading about your special friendship with Niina; so neat that it has lasted for these many years!

betty

jennykate77 said...

Awwweeee! This is a super sweet story of you and your BFF! I love the pic of the two of you...you're both gorgeous! What a great friendship!


P.S. sorry I've been MIA. I've been on vacay of sorts w/ our family reunion over the 4th and family being in town.

Alicia said...

wow you guys have an awesome friendship! how cool!

Katie Lane said...

How sweet! That's awesome that you are still friends.

Kristen Marie said...

You have to love BFFs! they make the world go round! I was just reading a posting...and starting feeling very odd...i was reading it thinking, how could Michelle be feeling this way...wow, why would michelle curse like that...ahhh, i hope her day gets better, i am kinda speechless...then realized, it was not you! not even close to being you! Yikes...i was getting kinda worried for a moment!!

Alaska Mom said...

Ah...Michelle you are so blessed to have Niina, but at the same time, I know she super blessed to have you! Thanks for the tears! :) Lord knows I miss you!