Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July weekend in Forks, Wa

We had a great time in Forks this weekend, but boy am I happy to be home. There is something about sleeping in your own bed.

And Forks used to be this tiny little town that no one knew about, but now, it is still a tiny little town that EVERYONE seems to know about because of Twilight Mania!

Everything in the entire town is Twilight!

  • Twilight Coffee's at the coffee shop are named: Breaking Dawn Breve, New Moon Mocha's etc.


  • the restaurant's menu's all talk about Twilight.


  • A man stopped me in the only grocery store in town and asked if I knew of any fast food joints and I said, no, that they didn't have any fast food like McDonald's or BK, and he said, 'Well Bella had to eat somewhere.' LOL


  • The parade had a Bella and Edward look a like (not really) in her red pick-up (see pic's below)


  • And everywhere you went they sold Twilight memorabilia.



    • I could see where the residents of the tiny town of Forks would get so irritated with all the hype, but it was so much fun for me to buy lots of twilight gear for my Twilight giveaway that I will be posting about tomorrow, so make sure to come back and enter. There will be three ways to enter, and I am so excited about it! :)


      Here are a few pic's of my weekend. Hope you all had a fabulous Fourth of July!

      My Aunt and Uncle's property where we had a huge picnic and camp out




      7 comments:

      Michelle Annat said...

      Awesome, I haven't been to forks since they have been so famous, probably isn't the same! As much as I love Twilight, I hate seeing a whole town change because of it!

      Connie said...

      Love that pickup truck with Edward and Bella in it!

      Glad you had fun! I'm not going to enter your giveaway because I"m not a huge fan but my sister is so I'll send her over!

      Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

      I am so coming with you next year? Please? I'll be on my best Twilight behavior!

      Bobbi said...

      I am a recent Twilight addict. It looks like you had a great day for the parade, no rain!
      That's so funny that the whole town revolves around Twilight now.

      I'll definitely come back for the giveaway!

      By the way, I'm Connie's sister.

      Unknown said...

      I had a friend who went to Fork's recently and had pics of "Dr. Cullen's parking spot" at the hospital and "Swan's home" in front of a random house. I think it is neat the way Forks had adopted this craze!!

      ~Becca

      Alicia said...

      how awesome that you went there! it must have been such a trip!

      jennykate77 said...

      THAT IS SOOOOOOO COOL!!! I love it...the pics, the memorabilia, the fact that the local coffee shop names their drinks after Twilight! It's so super fantastic. I've gotta go there one day! I'm so glad you went and brought back pics for us to see! Now at least I can say that I know someone who has been to Forks...that has to count for something, right? LOL. :)