I know that I am probably the only one on the planet that doesn't like the heat (well, I take that back one of my Bestest Friends is in total agreement with me and luckily my hubby doesn't like it either). But I HATE HEAT!
I know, I'm crazy, It's Summer and the sun is shining and kids are playing outside, blah, blah blah.
I live in the North West for one reason, it isn't supposed to get that HOT here, and I LOVE RAIN!!!
Since, it's not supposed to get that hot here, nobody has air conditioning installed, so on days like TODAY, my entire house is smoldering.
Reasons I don't like it over 68 degrees:
Doing basic house cleaning turns me into a sweaty mess!Cooking is NOT an option, especially when you have a gas stove (refer back to #1)Even in little to no clothing, I'm still a hot, sticky mess!Can't sleep well because hot, sweaty, sticky mess, then add hot, sweaty, sticky husband who likes to sleep diagonal to the mix and that ='s NO SLEEP!
Reasons I LOVE the RAIN + Fall/Winter + any temperature below 68 degrees:
It is much easier to cover up and get warm if I have a chill. Translation: it is easier to get warmer if you are cold, then it is to get cooler if you are too hot!I like burning my 8000 party light candles. Translation: flame leads to heat which I won't add to in the summer, so I can only light in fall/winter cold months.I like a fire burning in the fireplace and my house spotless and to be cozy up on the couch watching a movie.I like kissing in the rain!

Only exceptions to HOT weather:
- Laying out by a pool and being able to get in anytime I want.
- Being on vacation anywhere Tropical.
- Being at the beach.
- Having air conditioning!
***side note: I like the Sun, just when the temp outside is below 68 :)
17 comments:
I don't like it hot, either! I like my house around 63. Holly would freeze her tush off here. Well, not today!! Somehow Rachel has developed the same weirdness. I told her she'd better get used to it if she's really moving back- we're still furnace-less and reliant on wood heat!! We did at least take the kids to Cullaby to play in the murky water!
Not a fan of heat...especially since we don't have air conditioning. Not even a fan on vacation!! But I'm not really a beach person either...
Totally funny that you posted about the Notebook I just watched it for the 1000 time Saturday night. I am a sucker for a great love story!
I am not a huge fan of heat but the reason we live in Missouri is for the simple fact if you wait a day the weather will change.
I am so amazed that you all don't have AC we totally could not live without that!
Have a wonderful day and I hope it rains soon for your sake!
lol....forks is the perfect place for you!! and i love the heat! i hate being cold and anything that has to do with snow! ahhh! i can't wait for the bachelorette tonight!!!
I hear ya northwest sista! Yes i am thinking that the frozen food isles is the only place to be right now. And with a cranky 3 month old that wants to be bounced is ohh so not fun at all!!
I don't like it hot, I like it warm. It's way too crazy hot and humid mind you, here in Dallas and I HATE it!!
But, I hate it when it rains for more than 2 days.
An old boyfriend of mine moved to Seattle and wanted me to move there with him. After visiting a few times, I decided that I just couldn't live somewhere where it rained that damn much. So, we broke up. He refused to live anywhere else.
well you know I had to comment on this one sis, i like the rain and the snow and all the storms we get, and i dont mind it cold, but your house is freezin! you feel about the heat like i do the cold,i appreciate the heat because i know it wont last long and soon we'll be back to all of the above, Im thinking you might want to buy your momma some muckaluks and a big warm sweater for christmas
Michelle, you don't like the heat here because of the humidity! If it was a dry heat, I'm sure you would feel differently. I can't handle it when it is humid nd hot out at all, but it ws totally different in Arizona where it wasn't humid.....it was a wonderful dry heat. You need to get a heat pump, so you can have air conditioning! It is so worth it, believe me!!!!
Oh, girl, then by no means should you EVER come to Oklahoma from about May to October...heat, humidity...it's just one hot mess! Except we get an occasional summer shower and nothing beats the smell of the country after it's been cooled down by the summer rain...everything comes to life and all I can smell is honeysuckle. I would come to Washington in a heartbeat! (I mean there is that Edward thing...:) I LOVE rain too! My step-brother and step-sister live in Bellevue, WA (did I spell that right?...it's near the Puget Sound, not far from Seattle). I would love to take our next vacation out there.
Hope you're having a super great Tuesday!♥
Yes. YESYESYESYES!
This is so completely true. This is why I'm an Oregonian! Give me the rain! Bah!
I'm with you! Love all the reasons you gave!
I haven't been watching BB. I need to catch up.
I wonder if you will say all this during the middle of winter??? ;0)
It is HOT hot HOT here in Texas!!! And I love it- we just stay indoors!!
~Becca
Odd duck. I'd take the heat anyday! Glad you are back in action, I missed ya.
You are hilarious! Haha..you should enjoy the sunshine =] Its good for you!
I just saw your comment on Tatertots and Jello, and of course, had to come over and see a fellow NW gal.
Oh.My.GOSH, I HATE this weather. HATE IT.
I hate the heat. We can easily be in shorts if it's over 65 around here. I took a picture of my thermometer yesterday, 110 in the SHADE. GROSS!!!
Macey
Just discovered your blog. It's fantastic! I am in Oregon too. And Although I hate the constant rain. And wish for more sunny days. I do NOT like this heat. Seriously? I am so done with it. LOL
Seems perfectly reasonable to me! We're finally having 'summer' weather (86 and humid) and I thank God for A/C every day - I would need to add 'makes my hair look like a poodle' to my list of personal gripes.
Post a Comment