Thursday, June 11, 2009

Girls Weekend- Yakima, WA Wine Country

Last weekend I had a girls weekend. It was such a GREAT time. We went wine tasting, which I had never been before, and it was so much fun. It was just nice to be with the girls and chat about girly things which is probably my most favorite thing to do. I had never been wine tasting before, and although I do like wine, I don't drink it very often because I would prefer to eat my calories instead of drink them. I am a 100% water girl. :) I did buy a few bottles of wine from the wineries, two dessert wines that I am SO excited about, one is called 'Twilight Harvest' (which I HAD to buy because it said 'Twilight'- I heart Edward Cullen) and they said to marinate raspberries in it and pour over vanilla ice-cream- YUM! Can't wait to try that. And the other port wine you pair with Chocolate, like brownies. Who wouldn't want that?! The weather was also beautiful that day, and we got in our chauffeured limo (or mini-van, same thing!) :) and then headed out to 5 different wineries. We came back to the hotel where I was given the DL (down low) on Bravo's hit reality show, The Real Housewives of New Jersey. (I had never seen it before, but it is a fave amongst all the girls, and they happened to have a marathon on.) We napped, relaxed, then headed to a FABULOUS Mexican Restaurant for a great meal and then bed. What a wonderful weekend. Thanks girls! :)
Anne & Andrea

Jennifer, Me, Brenda



All us girls at Bonair Winery (I won't tell you what we called it all day) ;)

soon these will be mini wine grapes

Anne & Andrea at our picnic lunch at the Silverton Winery.

2 comments:

Miller Racing Family said...

What a great trip. I am with you about getting together with the girls just to chat. Oh, how they can always relate. I am also not much into wine, but my mother is so she always lets me try her new finds.
Thanks for taking us along on the trip, have a great Thursday!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

What a fun trip! I totally would've bought the Twilight wine too! However, please keep in mind that Edward IS MINE!!