Thursday, June 18, 2009

Flip Flop Exchange

I have entered a Flip Flop Exchange over at The Texas Darlings and it sounds like so much fun. I can't wait! If you are interested go check out her blog asap because I believe you have until the Sunday June 21st to enter.

I was a little nervous about this. One because I am giving my name and address to a complete stranger (Sara at Domestically Challenged will totally be thinking about axe murderers right now, and I have to say that did cross my mind, so Sara I am leaving you in charge, if you don't see me around blog world, start investigating!)

And two, because I can only wear these type of flip flops (anything fabric, doesn't matter the brand).



And I can't wear these type of flip flops (rubber or plastic, doesn't matter the brand) because they give me TERRIBLE blisters. I wish this wasn't the case, because I think some are so gosh darn cute.




But I decided to take the chance anyway and see what happens. I think just the experience alone is going to be fun (as long as I am not killed by an axe murderer.) And I am excited to see who I am paired with and even more excited to go find cute flippity flops for them.

Now on to a totally DIFFERENT topic!

- I finished reading the book, 'My Sisters Keeper' last night and........ I. CRIED. LIKE. A. BIG. BABY. I finished reading the last few chapters at the dinner table where I was playing cards with my husband, my Mom and my Sister. Let's just say, they were like, "what is WRONG WITH YOU!" because I was crying so much. Now I knew this book was going to be sad. I cried over the stinkin movie trailer, but I was not expecting the book to be as sad as it was, I mean seriously, SO SAD!!!!! I highly suggest the book, and if you are not going to read the book, go see the movie (I haven't seen it yet, but I am assuming it will be really good, I think it comes out June 26th in theaters) and have an ENTIRE box of Kleenex handy!

Have a FABULOUS day!

7 comments:

jennykate77 said...

No worries about the exchange...I've done a couple and have had complete success (an no axe murderers to date)! :)

I'm so glad I dropped by your blog today...I would have possibly missed out on the flip flop exchange. How fun is this?! I love it! I've already went over and signed up. :)

Hope you're having a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hummm. I don't wear flip flops much, because they hurt, but I never tried the fabric ones, so maybe I will have to. I think they are cuter. Right now I could use a pair because the Dr. changed my Blood pressure meds and my feet are swelling. And yes the chimimchangas are really good and easy to make, being baked, they are healthier.

Becca @ The Texas Darlings said...

I promise I am not an axe murderer!!! :)))))

Thanks for joining in on the fun and thanks for posting about it!!

~Becca

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

well, didn't you just read my mind? I am not going to answer that! {be careful though}
I may check this out myself. Using a P.O box of course

Connie said...

I didn't know that movie was coming out already. That book really touched me too.

P.S. I only intend to *sip* my drink when I play The Bachelorette Drinking game. And if you have any other ideas for times when I should drink please tell me!

Miller Racing Family said...

I am also going to do the flip flop exchange. So we will have to look out for each other and the axe murders. I love the fact on the exchange you also have to send something from where you are from, I think this will be a blast.
I have seen the previews for the movie and I have it on the summer must see list. Thanks for the warning about the kleenexes I will stock up.
Have a great weekend!

Amber Filkins said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!