If you would like to join in on EM: ME check out Amber's blog by clicking HERE!
This week's question: There isn't one. :) Just update us on your progress. How you're doing. What you're doing. How you're feeling about what you're doing.
- How am I doing? Okay! I haven't been as consistent with my workouts as I would like to be, but I'm still getting a few in a week, which I'm just happy it's a few and not none. Working out was so much easier when I was in the city and I could walk to the gym, or I had steep hills and mile long stairs practically in my back yard. Now, living in the country, I have to drive 30 mins. if I want to go to a gym, and the elliptical that I bought for 100 bucks that I was so excited about, broke down after only two weeks :( (I bought it from a friend, and the part that broke, they no longer make. BUMMER!) So now I am having to get creative with my exercise, which is good. Means I need to get OUTSIDE more and run/walk, jump rope, Wii Fit, Jillian Michaels DVDs etc. I CAN DO THIS!
- What am I doing? I recently put my goals on a calendar and started checking off the days as they go by and it really is amazing to have that visual. I wish I had done this sooner. And today, I also got onto my account at fitday.com. This is a FREE site and it is so awesome! You can put your weight in, what you want to weigh, how long you want to give yourself for a goal and it will calculate for you how many lbs. a week you need to lose a week to reach your goal. There is also a food journal, progress updates etc. (too much to explain) but again it is FABULOUS and FREE so go check it out! You'll love it!


8 comments:
I do the same thing as you with the calendar. I like to be able to mark things of,f as well as see progress happening. Thanks for the website tip, I will have to check it out. Have a great Wednesday!
Hi, I'm stopping by from SITS roll call to say hello. I always get so excited when I see bloggers who are working toward a healthy lifestyle. I'm no workout nazi, though...so don't freak or anything. LOL I just like to run, and it's great to see others out there, getting their heart pumping in a good and fun way. Enjoy the sweat and the pain....it means your body is ALIVE and lovin' it. Happy Thursday!
What a bummer about the elliptical machine.
Thanks for the website. I'll have to look that up.
Good luck this week!
Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo
Hey girl! Just wanted to let you know about the FitTV you asked me about. We have cable so I'm assuming it is cable Network. My husband just called our cable company and told them to make sure we had FitTV channel and we do. I love it and I think you might like it especially if you have trouble getting to the gym living to far away! We have a big tv so it feels like they are right there in my house and I'm at a cardio class or something. The shows I like come on at 6 am and 7:30 but other times through out the day. (I dvr and fast forward through commercials!)
That calendar thing sounds like a great idea. Some other things I do: I take pics of myself once a month in the same bathing suit so I can see for myself if things look different. I also write down what I eat, and my weight each day. I'm visual I guess. I also measure most foods that way I don't over do it! I think I might be obsessive compulsive or something! HA! Keep up the great work! and have a great day!
I've used fitday before. It is really helpful. Now I use an application on my iPhone that tracks my food and exercise.
I'm ditching my elliptical and starting to walk outside in the morning before my family wakes up. I get more of a burn in my legs so I think it is working better.
Have a great week!
I am going to check that calendar out, it sounds like a good tool for me! thanks for the Fabulous Tip!
Sounds like you're doing AWESOME! Have you ever tried Sparkpeople.com? It's a free site too and it has tons of resources for getting healthy and losing weight! I soooo want a Wii Fit! We have a Wii...I just need the Fit! :) My friend has been using the new EA Sports Wii game...she said it is a good workout!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
You will do it. Dont beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon one day. Take it one day at a time, and be grateful, excited and happy for the good days! You will find that there are more good than bad and one day wont kill you if you slip a juicy sugary cupcake!
Post a Comment