Sunday, May 24, 2009

this and that...

I hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day Weekend. I haven't been able to blog much with my husband home; dinner making, cleaning up after two instead of one (me), doing laundry etc. takes up so much time. It is amazing when I am home alone because the house will stay clean for days, even weeks, laundry hardly piles up at all because I don't wash something if I wear it only once and didn't get it dirty, my bed stays made because I don't roll around like a mad man twisting the blankets between my legs, and I put things away after I use them. Hmmm, my husband on the other hand goes through more laundry then anyone I have ever met, our bed looks like a tornado hit it in the morning even if I made it the night before and tucked in all of the sheets in hopes that he won't rip them out, and I think he uses 5 (different) glasses a day because he must not realize where he left his last glass. LOL. But you know what? I wouldn't change it for anything. I LOVE having him home* and if that means extra housework, more laundry and completely remaking the bed everyday, I am HAPPY to do it. :) It would make me sad if he wasn't around and I would (yes, really) miss the little things that might annoy me sometimes, because just knowing he is at home makes me feel so good. So enjoy your husbands, your children, your in-laws, your crazy family, because one day you might miss the things that you once thought were annoying. :)

*my husband was gone for about 3 months for a job out of town. Thankfully he is now back home full time.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I know what you mean, even though my husband was only gone for 4 nights. It is sooo good to have him home. Right now he is resting in the bedroom, while I watch tv in the living room.He will get better so much faster now that he is home, but it will take us a few days to work all the little things out.

Debra said...

It's so nice to hear that you are happy to have your husband home with you and that you dont mind the extra dirtly laundry. If only more wives would have the same attitude. We are to take care of our husbands and the household. I've always loved taking care of my family in that way. marriages would be so much better if they would follow this example!!!!!!

Debra said...

ps, i know I'm supposed to be signed off, but I just couldn't help it. This is hard staying away from blogging. This is the last one you will get from me. I will have to sign off cold turkey or I won't be able to do it. so her goes......cold turkey. I will miss you.........Bye, Bye Friend! :o)

Miller Racing Family said...

I am so glad Dan is back. I totally agree the men in our lives do bring a lot of extra work around our houses. But you are so right they are totally worth it. I had to lol with the cups line. I think we can use every cup in the house in less than two days.
Have a great Memorial day!