Christmas shopping year round! Yes, I start my Christmas shopping in January. I immediately start listening to friends and family and make mental notes on things they say they want throughout the year, and then I start buying right away and stashing it in my 'gift' closet until the following Christmas. January is one of the best times to buy because things are usually on sale, and it saves me from going broke in Nov./Dec. I am normally, completely done shopping by October. And if a store that I am buying from has free gift wrapping I will ask for them to wrap it, and they are shocked in June when I say it's a Christmas present and if they can wrap in Christmas paper. LOL. It also keeps me sane, because as much as I love to shop, I HATE the madness of shopping and shoppers in the Christmas Season.
The downfall to all of this is that by the time December rolls around my closet is overflowing and I can't WAIT to clear it all out. I also HATE wrapping, but I try to con my Mom or sister into wrapping for me because they love it. They have even wrapped their own presents before. LOL. (although I made sure to hide them in boxes, so at least they were a surprise.)
So far I have gifts for :
- My Mom
- My Dad
- My Sister
- My Husband
- My Cousin
And as much as I loathe wrapping, I even wrapped a few tonight (my Husbands, because he'll peak if they are not wrapped!)
:)


4 comments:
Michelle, you are so wonderful at this. I've always been so impressed with your mom for christmas shopping all year....she has trained you well. I keep hoping that someday I will start doing this, but we're always so broke in January, so I just can't get started. You go girl!!!
I know you're gettin' excited for Dan to come home and I'm so happy for you.
If you read this tomorrow, will you text me and let me know when you're going to Gina's? Thanks and love you.
I do the same thing! With the current economy, it is easier than ever to find awesome gifts at great prices, so why not!?
What a great tip Michelle! I really like that idea. Especially the part about not having to feel like you're going broke around Christmas.
How fun is that. I always want to do that but never get around to it. I am always scared that I will forget what I have bought. Might have to try it this year!
Post a Comment