Thursday, April 2, 2009

Flashback Friday~

First, I am such a slacker, I can not believe it has been four days since I have posted anything, the time just flies by and I don't even know where it goes. (Well, I take that back, I do know; procrastination, cleaning house, cooking, reality shows, facebook, that takes up a lot of my time! but I also have important things that take up my time too, like my discipleship, Church, singing practice, work, and working out....)
Second, I am going to dedicate this 'Flashback Friday' to one of the most amazing people I know, My Mom!
(I am going to get a little personal here, but I did ask her permission first.) :)
When my Mom was 15 she got pregnant with me. She didn't have to keep me, but she did, and I can't even imagine what she had to go through and the sacrifices she made when she made that decision. But if you asked her, I know that she would say that it wasn't a sacrifice at all, she didn't even need to think about it, she was going to keep me.
Now when I was 15, I couldn't even imagine raising a child. I am 31 and I desperately want a baby, but just with in the last few years have I felt that I was ready and could take on that kind of responsibility. She faced the challenge head on, and although it is not how she would have wanted it to happen, she embraced her situation and made the best of it, and Mom, you did a really great job! I know that you missed out on a lot, all of the things you made sure that I didn't miss out on. High School, Graduation, Proms, College, travelling, you name it. And today I just want to say that I appreciate you!!! (maybe I should have waited to post this for a Mothers Day post, but I just couldn't wait.)
Love you lots. XOXO



Me and my Mom :)






I love this picture, it makes me wish that our memories would go back to infant years, I am so glad I have this picture to look back and think how it was even though I was too young to remember. This picture to me is just so real. You are exhausted and sleeping with your baby, I am so thankful that God chose you to be my Mom. Love you....




7 comments:

Debra said...

Oh my goodness....this brought tears to my eyes! I'm so glad Suzy let you tell this story. It paints a wonderful picture of a mom who took on her responsibility as a loving parent! She is a strong woman and I am proud of her for doing what was right. She is a tremendous woman and is very special to my heart! Michelle, you are blessed to have her as your mom! Love the pictures! Hey Suzy Q where did you get that red hair? You mean you're not naturally blonde? Even though, sometimes you act like it? hee hee hee hee! I'm so funny! Come on
laugh with me!

Debra said...

I had to look at these pics again and I have to say, I love all of them, but the second one is my favorite....it's a great picture of you two! You should frame it!!! You were both sooo cute! :o)

MOM said...

Oh my gosh! this is truly one of the sweetest things,Thank you so much for the beautiful things you said, and Im glad you didnt wait until Mothers Day. Thank you for being my daughter, always Mom.
(side note) If you ever want to share my story you have my permission, it's a story Im not ashamed of.

Suzy said...

to reply to deje's comment on my hair, back in the day when I didnt even know what haircolor was, my hair was a dishwater blonde, I dont know why it looks so red but it does, Ill dig up some pic's, but my hair has always changed colors depending on my age, there is one when i was younger where my hair is almost white it is so blond. Hey deje thank you also for the kind words and yes you know me im always laughing with you.

Brittany said...

Those pictures of your mom are so sweet. What a wonderful story.

We've decided on painting our cabinet red but I'd love to see your hutch if you'd like to send a picture!

My email is brittany.sweetnothings@gmail.com

Miller Racing Family said...

What a wonderful post! This was a great story and tribute to what sounds like a wonderful woman and mom. Just from the short time that I have known you I would say she did a great job at raising you. Someday you will also make a great mom. Thanks for being a blessing today!

Michelle Annat said...

I have always loved your mom and now i think I love her even more! I cried too, what a great story. I am so glad the Lord blessed us with pictures so we could look back and see the things we cant remember!