I immediately called my Dad and made him stay on the phone with me while I checked every room, every closet, behind every shower curtain until I knew that I was safe, while he insisted on telling me that I had just FORGOT to lock the back door. (I still don't think that I did)
Then my Mom gets on the phone with me and she gets just as scared as I am while my Dad continues to say we're crazy in the background. I start washing my hands while still on with my Mom (trying to get ready to watch my DVR'd episode of the Biggest Loser) when I hear, BANG, BANG, BANG......
I shut off the water and my Mom yells, 'WHAT??? WHAT IS WRONG???' 'I heard a noise, a loud noise.' I say, and my Mom asks me where my dog Abby is, I told her that she is in the laundry room, my Mom then tells me to let her roam the house in case there is an intruder. I tell my Mom no, because at this point I have locked myself in my bedroom and am to afraid to leave it.
Then, while I am listening......waiting......to hear the loud bang again, my friend Khayla starts calling in on my other line. I put my Mom on hold.
And this is what is waiting for me at my front door making all of the noise...... Wouldn't you be scared? :)
So truely I still don't know how the back door got unlocked but I am so thankful that the scary noises were just good friends coming for a visit instead of a scary intruder.
And for the record, this is my 2nd scary intruder story, the 1st one that is still brought up around Christmas time every year and I am laughed at by many, I will save for another blog. Have a wonderful evening. :)


2 comments:
Oh yes, I would be scared too....look at those faces! lol
Michelle, this was too funny. It's ok that you're a Scare-D-Cat...it happens to all of us girls, one time or another.
I don't like it when a door has been left unlocked either and for the record, I get freaked out when I come home to an unlocked door, also. I can't tell you how many times over the years, I have had to check all the closets, under the beds and behind the shower curtains with a baseball bat in hand. Makes me chuckle thinking about it now.
I'm glad you're safe and that you're only intruders were KC and Khayla. :o)
Don't worry about it! I am so impressed that you will stay by yourself. I am the biggest baby when it comes to staying home alone. I usually just go stay with my parents. I think everyone sleeps better that way. If not I will be calling Donnie at midnight just to let him know I hear something, like he can do anything two states away. Great story and glad you are safe. Have a great Wednesday!
Post a Comment