Two weeks ago I did a Flashback Friday that I dedicated to my Mother. This week I am going to dedicate this Flashback Friday to my 'Daddy', the GREATEST MAN I know!
First a little history: (again getting a little personal)
My entire childhood and into my adult life my Dad dealt with a very serious alcohol addiction. For years he tried to quit drinking on his own and through various programs but nothing ever worked. My whole family went through a lot, too much to explain, and at one point when I was around 7 or 8 years old, I begged my Mom to leave him. She never did, I am SO GLAD she didn't! (she is so strong) But even at my Dads worst he was still a GOOD man, who loved his family but didn't know how to fight this sickness. (I call alcoholism a sickness, because I truly believe that it is, my Dad DID want to quit but the worlds way of trying to fix him NEVER worked) Finally in 2003 my Dad became a Christian and God entered his life! Alcohol no longer had a hold of my Dad. He has now been sober for 6 years and I wouldn't change my life for ANYTHING! My Dad has the most amazing testimony (I gave you a very short version) and he loves the Lord so much. I prayed years ago for God to change my Dad, and I didn't understand why it was taking so long, but now looking back, I would NEVER change it. God really knew what he was doing. If you were to meet my Dad you would never know that he ever struggled with an addiction, but he isn't ashamed to tell his story. I have always been very close to my Dad, and these past 6 years we have grown even closer. I can't imagine my life without him. He is such an amazing Husband to my Mom, Father to me, my Sister and Brother and to see him with his Grandchildren is one of the most beautiful things. He is such a wonderful Man. And even though he doesn't really know how to work a computer and probably won't read this blog. I just want to tell the world how wonderful he is. I love you Dad!
My Mom and Dad on their wedding day- sorry Mom (love the brown dress with blue flowers LOL) and my Dad is looking like a young John Travolta. :)
Me and my Dad



6 comments:
What a beautiful tribute to your Dad! It made me want to cry,and that last picture, just beautiful! I don't think I can hear his testimony to many times. I am so glad to have witnessed the changes in him.
What a great tribute to your dad. And what a praise to the power of prayer and God's might work! Love the picture and story about the Harley and the last picture is priceless. Have a great day!
Well, I just had to come see what you were all about~ and glad I did!
What an amazing testimony YOU gave too. I think your parents have a daughter to be proud of!
p.s.
wanna know a secret? Yes, i am a teacher, but I am not the mostest grammatically correct chick. Thank goodness for spellcheck!
Oh Michelle, this brought tears to my eyes as I was reading it. I will never tire of hearing your dad's testimony and I will always be amazed with his transformation, since he came to know the Lord! It is a true miracle of God's amazing grace.
You know that Andy and I truly love James and think he is an amazing person. He is one of the most special men that we know! It has been such a tremendous joy to watch him grow and change over the years. I LOVE THAT PICTURE OF YOU AND YOUR DAD! HOW PRECIOUS!
well Ill have you know your dad and I both read this blog, you are one amazing daughter, and yes the lord has done some beautiful work in the lives of the Jackson family. Butttttttttttttt did you really have to put the John travolta/brown wedding dress picture for all to see (LOL) your dad and I are still laughing.
Help! I just went to the 3 column blog. I need help centering my posts. Everything looks a little spread out. Please just check it out and let me know if you have any suggestions.
Post a Comment