Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Extreme Makeover: Me Edition

*Side note* I was almost completed with this post yesterday, however my good friend DJ from Portrait of my Heart came over to my house for a girls night and I was having so much fun with her that I never finished my post, so sorry I am a day late! ;) And thanks DJ for the fabulous girl time- I am tired today, but it is worth it! Love ya!

To join in on the fun of Extreme Makeover: ME Edition, go to Amber's blog here.



Todays Q. is:


Share with us a healthy recipe.{One that you've adapted, found, made up. Anything. Try to give any nutritional info if possible}





I don't even know what to call this, but I can tell you that it is low fat, all ingredients are good for you and it tastes like a cinnamon roll (you can't beat that) :) My Aunt told me about it once when she was doing the South Beach Diet and it is just a really great snack.



Ingredients:




  • Cottage Cheese

  • Cinnamon

  • pinch of splenda, equal or whatever kind of sugar you want (if you have the little pouches of splenda you get at a restaurant I use 1/2 the pouch.)

  • Slivered Almonds



And that's it. Easy huh? Just top the cottage cheese with cinnamon, (I like a lot of cinnamon, and it's good for your metabolism), sprinkle with splenda and almonds and wallah!



So the question for today was the easy part, trying to hold myself accountable for last week is a whole nother story. First, I couldn't believe that a whole week had went by since my last post. Then I stepped on the scale and I have gained a lb. :( And I won't even mention what I ate last night (PB Twix, Cake, Baked Spaghetti, oh my!) This week I need to do a complete overhaul. I am planning a trip to Hawaii for Jan. of 2010, I REALLY need to start taking this seriously, especially since the time literally flies by and weeks turn into months turn into years and I need to change my habits now. Hope everyone else had a good week!

4 comments:

Amber Filkins said...

I totally missed this! And I thought I was following you!? Well, I am now!

I'll definitely have to try out that recipe!! Sounds yummy!!

I need to step up my game too!! We can do it, we can do it. :)

And you really ARE a bachelor freak, I mean fan. ;) I always wanted to have bachelor viewing nights, but I always got SO freaked out when my family was in the room talking, making all kinds of noise, etc. I may have to have some this next time around!!

Wouldn't Skype be fun!?

Miller Racing Family said...

This recipe sounds really good. I love cinnamon rolls, but as you said they aren't that healthy. This would be a good supplement for the real thing.
I know what you mean about gainging a pound. Sometimes I tell Donnie I can look at food and gain weight.
Always remeber you are perfect the way you are. God made you just the way he wants you. Now that is not to say we shouldn't take care of this body he gave us.
Congrats on getting into shape and keep up the good work.
Also thanks for the sweet comments on my blog today, I really appreciate it. How we all need to support each other in this Christian walk.
Have a blessed Thursday!

Debra said...

Michelle, thanks for a relaxing evening and a couple of great movies. Oh and I won't mention the food that we shouldn't have eaten. *wink* I was surprised at how comfortable that bed in your guest room is....I think I could have slept all day....wait a minute, I guess I almost did! Love you, girlfriend!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Michelle!

Sorry I am so late getting over here. Crazy week!

Your snack sounds so good! And healthy too! I will have to try it!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

XOXO
Jen