Monday, November 2, 2009

Something borrowed

I just finished reading this book- took me two days- stayed up until almost 4 a.m. to finish it last night-I LOVED IT! I hadn't really read anything since the Twilight Series and now I am hooked on this author, I am going to go out and buy every one of her books:

Something Blue (follow up to Something Borrowed)
Baby Proof
Love the one you're with
& Heart of the matter (her newest one which will be out in Spring of 2010)

Has anyone out there read any of her books? Maybe I'll start a book club on my blog! Nothing better in the winter cold months then to sit in your warm house with pj's on and a storm outside while reading a good book.




I have asked for a Kindle for Christmas, anyone have one? Do you like it? After reading the Twilight books in hardback my wrists would get so sore from holding the book, so when I saw this I had to have it! Plus, my hubs does not like lights on in the bedroom so It's hard to read in bed (which is my favorite thing to do) and the kindle has a light on the screen so I could also read easily in the car on long road trips at night. (while reading New Moon last December I read it while stopped in traffic on I-5 with the red lights of the taillights in front of us). And they say you can read a book faster, but my only concern is that I sometimes like to have the book to keep, wonder if I'll miss that?!



Have a fabulous day!

Blog Signature

17 comments:

Brittany said...

Michelle,

That sounds like a great book. I'd love to read it sometime. I'm reading so much for school though, its hard to find time to read for fun! I'll put it on my wish list though!

I don't have a kindle but I like the idea! You wouldn't have to carry a bunch of heavy books when you travel and I too, have the wrist problem when I'm reading a book. It seems like it is so hard to get comfortable in bed! :) If you get one, let me know what you think!

Debra said...

Michelle I want to know what you think of the kindle when you get it, too. The thing is...you still have to hold it up to read, but at least you don't have to turn the pages and the light will certainly be nice. My wrists get tired of holding the book while reading also.

I'll have to check out the book you just read, I've never heard of it!

I didn't make the broccoli soup today...we were so hungry when we got home, so I threw some eggs on to boil and made tuna sandwiches. I'll prob make it tomorrow though and I'm thinking about making a double batch and freezing some.

The river walk was so beautiful today and the wind wasn't blowing so it was nice. I took a few pictures, but we mostly just walked and talked. We will prob go for another walk tomorrow...I'm determined to find that huge eagle there again and this time I will have my camera in hand.

I've found that 11:00 is the best time to go because that's when all of the birds are there, plus that was the time when we saw the eagle. Today we saw geese, ducks, cranes, seagulls and pigeons.

I was going to call you last Saturday to see if you wanted to go take pictures with me, but it rained. :( We need to do it again soon before it gets too cold!

Kasey said...

I love to read- I'll have to check it out at the library! Have your read the Shopoholic series by Sopie Kinsella? she's one of my favorites! YOu should try them out too!

and Yay for you on meeting your 10 mile goal!

Connie said...

I read Baby Proof and I loved it! And I would love to have a book club with you.

Check out The Nook from Barnes and Noble.....

Just Add Walter said...

one of my favorite books. Emily actually went to the same school I went to for college which is why I started reading her books

something blue is JUST AS ADDICTING as something borrowed. Baby Proof is hard to get into but then you get hooked halfway though. Love the one you're with is GREAT!

good luck!!

Michelle H said...

My brother in law just got a kindle, but there's a new thing that's supposed to be better than a kindle, I'll call Emily today and find out how Craig is liking his and what the other thing is called. Darn, now I have to call my sister, lol. I don't see me ever wanting one, but never say never. I just like books, and loaning good ones out. I could see David wanting one, though!

Alicia said...

i haven't heard of that series but it looks so cute!! and i'm so torn with the kindle...i want one, but at the same time i LOVE having books.... what's a girl to do?!

Annie said...

i love that series!!
i know nothing about kindles but now i'm going to look into them ;)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Oh I've read every one of her books at least twice. I love those. She is very good!

Hope you are having a great day!

XOOX
Jen

jennykate77 said...

I have hear that she is a really great author. I haven't read any of her books, but I will now, on your recommendation. We love so much of the same thing. I'm sure I'll love her books.

I know a few people who have either the Kindle or the Sony E-Book, and they all LOVE them! I'm like you, I wonder if I would miss my books. I love keeping my favorites on a shelf. I know it would be much more convenient to have them all in one spot and be able to pick it up and read any book you want to! My bag would be a lot lighter. :)

Anonymous said...

I have gotten on a book reading frenzie!! Beth got me started again - I like mysteries! I haven't really read any books outside of the ladies group in ages. Reading Beth's blog got me started again on a whole new set of authors. This summer Hannah, AJ, and I got our library cards. I also have a Barnes and Noble membership- there is a similar thing called a "Nook" and I really want one bad! Go to Barnes and Nobles site and see the intro video about them, they are soooo cool! Lindy

Summer Athena said...

Hi Michelle.

I just wanted to stop by and say hello. K shared your email with me bc this was something we were talking about today. Thank you for that. Thank you very much.
I look forward to getting to know you better by catching up on your blog.

PS - I was thinking about getting my husband one of these for Christmas too. Hmmm...

Jen said...

I think I would miss have an actual 'book' - although a good friend has a kindle and she loves it. I don't know. I love my itty bitty booklight 2, solves that reading-in-bed light problem for me.

Miller Racing Family said...

This was a very informative post. I had never heard about the kindle but it sounds very interesting. I can not read in bed at all because I always seem to fall fast asleep.
Thanks for the sweet comment and prayers concerning our baby news.
Have a fabulous day!

Michelle H said...

First, have you checked this blog out? http://maggiesdinnerdates.blogspot.com/
You'll LIIIKE it!!!
Second, Craig LOVES his kindle. He gets the Seattle Times on it, some free and super cheap books, and the other books are apparently pretty cheap.

Bobbi said...

I've seen that book and thought about getting but never did. I guess I'll pick it up next time I'm a B&N.

I want a kindle too!!

Anonymous said...

hey- I'm Michelle H's sister. My husband LOVES his Kindle!! FYI: he has a cover that it fits in, but it is the same weight as the Kindle, so he likes to take it out of the case while reading to keep it light. It is so easy on the eyes and you can change the font size to whatever you need! And as for the "better than Kindle", anytime you get something computerized, there is always "something better" out there! Lol! Hope this helps!

~Emily Houston