Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Maybe someday I will be a "morning person"

Okay, so I am a night person, always have been and I am afraid I always will be. :( I have these high hopes and dreams of becoming a morning person, but when I set the goal to wake up at 7 a.m. (which isn't even that early) I always hit snooze until at least 8:30 a.m.

If.... I have to be somewhere or up earlier for a meeting, doc's apt. you name it, I can force myself, but I don't like it.

I also regularly tell myself that I am going, 'to go to bed early tonight.' (Early would be by 10 p.m.) but that never happens either. Sometimes I think that if God blesses me with a child that that will for sure make me a morning person because I will be on the baby's schedule. However, I saw a title of a book once (that I secretly loved) that read, "I was a really good Mom before I had kids." LOL. I laugh at this because I sometimes act like I am a parent to my nieces and nephews and give advice to my Sister and Sister-n-law and they laugh at me, because at the end of the day I give them back so I don't see how life would be with them 24/7. My sister even offered to let me have her three children for 2 full weeks to see how I'd do- LOL- that hasn't happened yet. My point is, is that I think when I have kids they will take on my behaviors and also like to sleep in (which sleeping in for me is till 9 a.m. which I do not think is too unrealistic) like their future Mommy, and since they are children and will need their sleep they will want to go to bed around 8 p.m.

I can dream right! (even if it is day dreaming because I don't get enough sleep!) :)

So I guess until then, even though I am trying to be a morning person, I will be content with the fact that I am and may always be a "night owl."

4 comments:

Debra said...

From one night owl to another...I hear ya! I have tried and tried to make myself into a morning person like my dear husband, to no avail.

Oh sure, when I was raising my kids I got up really early with them, but I still had trouble getting to sleep at a decent hour at night. My inner clock just wouldn't let me fall asleep early. As you well know, I still have the same problem today. Oh how I love to hit the snooze button! Morning always comes wayyy too early for me, but thankfully now that my kids are grown, I have the luxury of sleeping in when I need to. Life is good! lol

Debra said...

Ok Michelle, since you had the same idea....you'll have to post your list of 20 things we may not know about you too! Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog today. You are a very special friend to me! Love you, DJ

Leah said...

I am not a morning person and I'm not a night owl either - I don't know what my problem is!

I think once you have kids (we have 2) you just get used to your new schedule...now that my kids are elementary age I just have to get them up for school and then go to work. I'm always tired though. Oh well! :) Maybe it's too much sleep.

Miller Racing Family said...

I have to say that I am trying to break myself of being a night owl. I could stay up all night but the next day when I get up at 6:30 it will kill me. Now I love to sleep in, but when the alarm clock goes off I am right up.
When Trey was little we always went to bed when he went to bed so about 9 or 10 each night so that when he woke up the next morning we were ready to go. Lucky for us he is a sleeper so he always gets up about 8 to 9:30. Since he is our human alarm clock we get to sleep until 8 or 9:30 as well.
So start praying now that your kids are sleepers. Have a blessed day!