Friday, March 27, 2009

Flashback Friday~

For Christmas this past year my Mom surprised me with this picture of my Grandmothers. Before I opened the present, I had figured it was a picture frame filled with photos of my family, but I can honestly say that I was completely, happily surprised and speechless when I opened it to find my young Grandmothers staring back at me. I just started crying (sentimental gifts typically do this to me) and I don't think my husband quite new what to do. I was just so happy. The artist that drew the picture did such a great job of making them look like the real thing. My grandma on the far left has passed away and I only had one picture of her and my Mom had kept it all these years (I thought it had been lost) and it was very worn, almost to shreds, but she had it and somehow managed to keep this entire present a secret from me (which that itself was a huge accomplishment.)


Grandma Clark, Grandma Jackson, and Grandma Lee some 60 years ago.



The old picture of my Grandma Clark that I thought was lost.
Thanks again Mom for this awesome piece of history. You know how much I love it, and you definitely took the prize! :)


3 comments:

Debra said...

What an awesome picture for you to have and to pass on down to your kids and their kids and so on! Suzy just told me about it recently and now I'm so glad to actually see it. HOW SPECIAL!

My sister is having an oil painting done for my mother....it will have a pic of my mother, my sister and her 3 daughters and me and my daughter. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Miller Racing Family said...

WOW! What a great gift. It is those gifts that we love the most, more than any purse, shoes or clothes. What a very thoughtful mom you have. Have a blessed Friday!

Debra said...

Love your new 3 column blog....OH YEAH....WE'RE SO SMART! ~wink,wink~