So the title pretty much says it all. I worked my butt off quite literally while on vacation.
Normally I GAIN weight while vacationing, but no longer! I have turned a corner down the long road of a healthy lifestyle change.
Yep, that is right, from now on, all vacations will involve exercising. Usually my vacations are my down fall, I will be working out and eating right and then go on vacation and it's like everything S.T.O.P.S! I start eating whatever my split personality brain wants, and completely stop exercising, and it takes weeks, if not months for me to get back on track. NOT ANYMORE!
So what changed?
When I went to Cali. last week I got a week long gym membership at probably the BEST gym I have ever been to, it is actually more like a sports club/spa. The name of it, in case any of you live in the Brentwood, Antioch, Oakley area is Diamond Hills Sports Club.
Let me just tell you that they had more cardio machines then any other gym EVER, and EACH machine had its very own t.v. for your viewing pleasure. They had 3, yes 3, pools and 2 Jacuzzis. They had daycare for your kids. The shower rooms were AMAZING- they had shampoo, cond. body wash, hairspray, deodorant, pretty much ANYTHING you might need to get ready. Can you say FABULOUS! (when I used to work out at 24 hr. fitness in Portland, I had to bring all of that stuff with me, including towels- which Diamond Hills also provides for you- and it was like bringing a small suitcase, you would think I was going to live there for a week.)
I so miss it, and my workout buddies (My Aunt and Cousin) who helped pass the time, and I miss the pools, I loved doing laps in the pool. But I DO NOT miss the 3lbs. I lost while vacationing, and I can honestly say that that is the FIRST time I have ever lost weight while on vacation.
I also, joined my local gym in town (well 20 mins. away- if you call that local) and have worked out everyday since I have been home. I also got my sister and my Mom to join. :) I tried for a very long time to work out at home, but finally came to the realization that I need the gym atmosphere, I like the motivation of seeing others working out.
So now on to a totally different topic- if you are still reading- I had a doctors appointment yesterday and I can't believe that I am blogging about this, but hey, you are all friends right?! So on Sept. 8th (my Mom's birthday) I have to go in for a colonoscopy- I think I may be the youngest person ever to have to have one of these procedures done- SCARY! I didn't think that I'd have to have one of these tests for about 20 years. I know that I shouldn't be scared, but I am. I was so scared to even go to the doctor about my condition that I avoided him for over a year, until I couldn't avoid him any longer. He was, how do I put it..... VERY Blunt, and reminded me of Boz Lurhman (sp?) from Ferris Bueller- Bueller, Bueller...... (if you know that movie, you will know what I am talking about!) Anyway, if any of you could pray for me, that would be great! It seems like I have a bazillion doctors appointments taking place right now (others are for very different reasons- that I may blog about at another time) and it is just nice to know that people are praying for you!
Thank you friends! Hope you have a FABULOUS day!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 comments:
what a great idea to get a week long membership!!
sounds like you had a fabulous trip! :)
thoughts and prayers are with you, try not to be nervous about your procedure.
good for you!! exercising while on vacay is so tough! but the colonoscopy...yikes, no fun there. buuut, hey, you gotta do what you gotta do for your health!!
I know how you feel about the colonoscopy. But if it makes you feel any better, they put you to sleep for it. :) At least they did for my sister and I...
I am praying for you! Seriously, I hope everything is cool.
I want to go to that gym, it sound so great! I love going to new gyms. I love gyms. I love working out!!! I am nuts, btw.
I wouldn't worry about the colonoscopy too much, they make it so you are in a "twilight" state. Lucky you!
You probably won't feel or remember a thing. Plus you can dream about Edward while in "twilight"!
yes michelle the Doctor was blunt and very forward but you needed that. and I wouldnt miss being with you the day of your colonoscopy, even if it is my birthday, im sure you'll make up for it like at URBAN CAFE?
Sounds like a great gym!! Congrats on losing wt!!
I'll be praying for you!
~Becca
So great to hear about the exercising and the joining the gym.
I do have to say that I also had a colonoscope when I was 26. I also thought I was to young for that as well. The procedure is not bad all, it is the medicine that you have to drink before that is awful. We will be praying for you and if you have any questions don't hesitate to email me.
Also I wanted to let you know I have something for you at my blog.
Have a fabulous day!
I just had one done and it was a total breeze. They put you to sleep and then you wake up and everything is fine. The worst part is the eating jello and chicken broth for a day and the pills they give you to really clean you out. I too am young and I was surprised by how many people really need to have them done.
Good luck and try not to worry, I am sure you're in good hands.
Just getting caught up, congratulations on the weight loss, that sounds like you had a fabulous vacation! Don't stress about the test, better to have it done than wish you had later. Good luck!
So your post motivated me...I really need to start workin gout again! I was so good in college and since moving to Knappa my motivation has gone down the drain! So thanks for the uplifting post...
And you will definitely be in my prayers...doctors are never fun and I seem to have to go way too often as well! Good luck with everything and we really do need to get together soon =]
Well, you know that I am praying for you my friend!!! I'm so proud of you for working out on vacation and losing weight...you are my inspiration. Oh how I wish we had a gym like that one in California! It is sooo good to have you back....I missed you sooo much! Love you. :)
That is a great idea to get a membership while on vacation. I would love to take a SPA/FITNESS vacation...staying in a hotel with a cool gym and being active. Maybe someday...
I will be praying for you that your procedure goes well. You have been so helpful and supportive of me with my recent skin cancer scare and I appreciate it so much!
your blog is very fabulous :) Love all the beautiful wedding photos!
Have a great (slash) FABULOUS day!
-Valerie
Hey, Michelle!! I am definitely praying for you...and missing you like CRAZY! I'm hoping everything is ok and you're just busy! We need to talk Twilight! You could always e-mail me if you would like...jaltman@goldenfieldservices.com
Post a Comment