Sunday, October 24, 2010

4 month hiatus

Wow, I did NOT expect to be gone that long. But time really does fly and I am not even going to begin to talk about how I can't believe we are almost into November.

I always have good intentions on how I am going to blog about this or that, and I have thought about different posts that I was going to write but didn't get around to it. And then before I knew it one week had gone by, then one month, then two, and you get the picture.

And soon, it will be my entire life that has gone by... I remember when I was a child and the weeks would seem like months and the months seem like years. A summer would be an eternity, and I would have count downs for what I thought were huge milestones. Junior high... High School... turning Sixteen...

I still have countdowns, it just seems as if it goes a lot faster to get from point A to point B.

When you were a teenager did you ever look at the people you knew and think, "Wow when I am their age, I will be old!" I used to think that... And guess what, those people I would think that about were like 26 when I was 15. And guess what? I am now 32...... So what does that mean?

I sure don't feel old. But do 15 year olds perceive me as ancient? It is funny to think about.

Truly I do not mind getting older. Yes, some things are difficult as you get older, but a lot of things are much easier.

Not really sure how I got on this topic, but it's food for thought. And it sure feels good to write another blog post! I've missed blogging and my blogging friends!

XOXO


signature

4 comments:

Jen said...

After a week with no internet, I can definitely see how time can pass without a post - I'm thinking about taking November off :) Too much to do and too little time - and as you said, time passes all too quickly - I turn 40 tomorrow and it's sort of snuck up on me - how did that happen? Anyway - hope things are well with you Michelle!

Connie said...

Time....I can't get a handle on it.

And I can't believe I'm 40. How the heck did that happen!

AmyDilley said...

I was just saying to my sister yesterday then when my husband and I got together I was 16 and he was 20 and I thought he was sooo old! haha. Now I look at 20 year old boys and think oh my they are babies! haha. I know exactly how you feel... summers used to be an eternity and now you cant find an open weekend to plan something all summer and then BAM its gone! and so busy!

jennykate77 said...

Welcome back!! I'm so glad you're back to blogging. I've missed you!

Time really does pass by way too quickly these days. I thought I would never say that...makes me sound old, but it's true.

Hope you're having a great week!♥