Thursday, June 10, 2010

I Heart Garage Saleing

Memorial day weekend I went garage saleing with my Grandma and I found so many fabulous finds. If I would have had a truck I would have bought SO.MUCH.MORE. (my husband is glad I didn't have a truck!)
Here is a little chair that came with an old school desk I bought. I repainted it red with a can of spray paint. (spray paint has become my new best friend, I had never used it before and it is SO.MUCH.EASIER! ♥ it!)

Some old frames that I bought to get my craft on. I have so many ideas, I know for sure that I will be painting them, and I have thought about putting chicken wire behind some, maybe cork behind one, and maybe fabric behind some for a picture collage. I would LOVE more ideas, please comment with ideas you may have, and maybe if I use your idea you might just get a little surprise! :)

Here is the old school desk I bought, I repainted it red and used chalkboard spray paint for the top. Can I just say that I LOVE the chalkboard paint! (and so do my nieces and nephews!) :)


My favorite find? This old wooden high chair.... I have been wanting one like this for a very long time and I thought to myself, I need to watch for one at garage sales, and then I found it! It took a lot of work fitting it in my little car with the desk and frames and my poor Grandma ended up sitting in the back seat in a VERY small spot, but she volunteered :) and it all worked out, and I am so happy about it. As you know, I don't have any kids y.e.t. BUT, I will eventually, and in the meantime I have lots of nieces that will use it and friends babies. :)


It was in pretty good condition when I bought it, but I did sand down a few spots and repaint it with black spraypaint! ♥♥♥



Have a fabulous Thursday!!!
signature

8 comments:

jennykate77 said...

Oh man! You got some great stuff!!! Love the red spray paint on the little chair and desk...and chalkboard paint ROCKS!!! It all looks super fabulous!

Oh, and I.AM.SO.EXCITED. Eclipse will be here in 20 days!!! My Eclipse party planning is coming along nicely! I'm going to start posting about it tomorrow! :)

The Maki Family said...

I love that desk! And the chalkboard stuff was a great idea =) Great finds...

Michelle Annat said...

I love to garage sale too! I am in love with wood high chairs. My mom had one for us that my Grandpa made, but it got lost along the way. I am thinking your Grandma might take a separate car next time!!!

Unknown said...

Such CUTE stuff- My in-laws have that highchair and we just grab a belt to hold the babies in if they are too small to sit in it. It works perfectly!

~Becca

Debra said...

Michelle, these are great finds....I love the high chair especially and the kids are gonna have great fun on that chalkboard desk! Love you and can't wait to see you tomorrow at church. ~DJ

Miller Racing Family said...

Wow, you did get some great finds. I love the chalkboard paint on the table. I bet the nieces and nephews will love the desk as well. The high chair is so cute. I have an old highchair that we have used for 10 years now it is mommy's purse chair as it is my drop off spot each day.
Have a great weekend!

Connie said...

Great job! Love that red desk!

Jen said...

I love love love that little black high chair. I hope that it gets a great deal of use from all your nieces, nephews and babies of YOUR OWN. Praying for you :)