Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Just a little personal.....

So I just finished watching last nights episode of the Biggest Loser and I cried my eyes out! For many reasons:

  • Because Renee had to be sent home. :(
  • Because I was so happy that the Mother Daughter relationship between Renee and Michelle which was once broken, is now mended and I am so happy for them.
  • Because the one person I want to go home (Vicky) is still on the show.
  • Because I'm watching the BL and I'm so inspired by there weight loss yet, I am sitting on a couch not working out when I should be.
  • Because I have gained so much weight this year and don't feel like myself anymore. :(

And then, because I am obsessed with the show and have to try and motivate the last remaining black team member (her name is Michelle also) I sent her a message on her myspace so hopefully it will push her to defy the odds and win the 250k and beat out VICKY! :)

When I was on her myspace, I read a blog that she had posted titled, 'Why do YOU?' and it was about why do you work out? because you have to? because you want to? because of all these other reasons?? and it got me thinking..... Why DON'T I? Why do I not care enough about myself, my health, my happiness to work out and stop the cycle of obesity in my family? Why do I never know when to stop eating? Why do I reward myself with food? Why do I eat even when I am not hungry?

I have an ENTIRE closet full of clothes that I can not wear and it kills me. I am not as happy as I could be, and it is not because of other people's thoughts or feelings about how I look, but about my thoughts and feelings about how I look. I don't feel good about myself anymore, and I want to. I need to quit making excuses and putting off changing my habits until a 'Monday' or a certain date on my calendar. I need to make changes right now! Today! And they need to be life changes, not just goal weight changes, this has to be something that I am going to work at for the rest of my life. I am given only one chance on this earth and I want to be the best I can be on the inside and on the outside. So today I am making this promise to myself to stop the cycle, today I am going to answer the question that Michelle posted in her blog, 'Why do YOU?'

  • Because I want to be happy
  • Because I want to be healthy
  • Because I want to be an inspiration to others
  • Because I want to do this for myself!

PS- on a side note, I am very happy that America gets to Vote for who is the third person in the finale on the BL, and I kicked butt in bowling last night (best I have ever done 165 and got a turkey-for those of you who don't know, that is 3 strikes in a row!), even made a bet with my Husband and WON!!! and he actually held up his end of the bet! :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I think that's great that you want to get healthier. I'm on that same road myself and I can tell you that I already feel so much better. I decided to go ahead and get off of my healthy diet about a week and a half before Thanksgiving, so I could actually enjoy the meal and not feel guilty about indulging. Now it's time for me to get back on the health kick though. I can't believe how tired and sluggish all the sugar and salt made me feel over the holidays. Yuk! I don't like feeling that way!

I will be praying for you because it's not easy getting started, but as soon as you start feeling better physically, you will realize just how worth it, it really is. Maybe we can encourage each other and hold each other accountable. Sometimes that helps to keep me motivated.

Oh and congratulations on your awesome bowling score last night! You go girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, did you go to be with your grandmother during her surgery? Suzy kept me updated during the day and then Holly filled me in at Church. I will be praying that the cancer is not in the lymph nodes. How are you handling all this? Are you ok?

Unknown said...

Hi DJ,
I would love for us to encourage eachother :) (working out/eating healthy etc.) Let's do it! :) Although I have to say that you already look great! I am headed to Seattle tonight, and just talked to my Mom today and she said they are still waiting on the Lab results to find out if the cancer has spread, if it hasn't then she will be on her way to recovery, which is what I am praying for because I don't think she could go through chemo, it would be to hard on her.

I have a song for you to listen to, it's a love song and it's an oldie so you may already know it, but it's really good. :) It's by Kathy Mattea and the title is: Where have you been. I hope you like it!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've heard that song years ago, probably around 1990 or '91. I do love a good love song!

Are you back home now?

Unknown said...

Nope, I am still in Seattle. I will try and find some more love songs for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I will miss you at Church tomorrow! Hope you're having fun.

Anonymous said...

hey michelle i hope this works, i am real proud of you, i myself have been thinkin about alot of things healthwise, what a great attitude to start off with. love you and break that cycle girl

Anonymous said...

YEAH IT FINALLY WORKED, YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alaska Mom said...

Too bad I can't drag you out running in the dark... :)or drag you to the gym at 0500 and watch you giggle while you try and lift weights! I need motivation too...definitely have fallen off the workout thing. Darn metabolisms...get slower as we get older. Michelle...I know you are still beautiful, always have been, always will be!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jilly :) I loved our workout days, those were the funnest, and I DEFINATLY need motivation :) I do walk at 6:30 a.m. with a neighbor on Friday mornings but so not the same. I need a new techno workout cd :) (hint hint) I should make you one too, I've got some great new songs I love and I know you'd love them too.

Alaska Mom said...

I'll see what I can rummage up for you as far as tunes...I haven't done too much downloading, but I do have some sweet music I know you'd love. Maybe we could schedule running days... :) agree to run at the same time so we know we are both moving our buns. I went running tonight and it was -8 degrees...frigid cold, but just heavenly all the same. I wish you could come to Alaska someday and see me. We need a weekend alone at the cabin in the winter so we have no choice but to sit around and drink drinks and talk and listen to sappy music. You need to start a new music thread on this blog, so that anytime you find new music you love you log it, and I'd do the same...that way the list would be always available. :)

Unknown said...

Jilly, that sounds like a splendid idea. It's not 8 degrees here, but it is FREEZING cold. It snowed yesterday and is supposed to get into the teens this week. Brrrrr. You'll have to tell me what you do to keep warm when you are running in that freezing cold of weather. :)