Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday with a cherry on top!

Some days really are wonderful.

Today, my husband surprised me at church and met me in the parking lot to take me to lunch. We went to the Cannery Cafe here in Astoria. I love there Bumble Bee tuna sandwich, grilled with Tillamook Cheddar Cheese. So good! The weather is awesome today, the sun is shining and as I looked out over the Columbia River I just thought of how beautiful Astoria really is. I take it for granted so often and it was nice just to take it all in today.

Then we headed to Home Depot and looked at wood, which doesn't sound exciting but it was so much fun. Dan is making me a Media Cabinet for our living room (anniversary present) so we looked at all of the different molding pieces and router bits for wood tools. It got me very excited for him to start building it. Hopefully in the next few weeks after his hand heals. For those of you who don't know, he about chopped off his middle finger at work last week. And I FINALLY figured out why he doesn't like doctors or hospitals........ He is deathly afraid of needles. I wish I would have had a camera to take a picture of his face in the doctors office, the nurse and I were laughing so hard!

Anyway, now I am off to the only decent clothing store in town to try and find some tops! That is one of the main things I miss about the city, the convenience of the shopping and the ethnic food choices. Thank goodness for on-line shopping! :)

No comments: